CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 4, 2011

A Really Random Day!

This day has had some pretty crazy weather, as I'm sure everyone in Memphis would agree! The morning started out just fine, but the sky and weather just seemed a little eerie.

Loren and I took Miranda to school and while waiting in the car Dude Looks Like a Lady by Aerosmith was on and Miranda got excited because she knows it's from Mrs. Doubtfire. When I told her that Steve Tyler was the long haired judge on American Idol, (Yes, I feel old now having to explain who he is to my child.) she got even more excited and said that the song MUST have been written about him since he looks like a lady, OMG! haha! Kids are so funny how they think sometimes! Since it was my sister's Aerosmith cd, they declared that, "Nanie listens to some crazy music!" lol...seriously?!

Loren and I went about our day rather nicely...the wind got a bit strong and loud, so I turned on the news and they went from saying we only had a 5% chance for tornadoes to, "Well, 'they' are saying that there is some possible tornadic activity (in my area!), if there are any storm chasers or sheriffs who could call and let us know if they have spotted anything or just to confirm, please do so." WHAT!? What kind of weathermen are you?! At this perfect freak out moment the power completely shut off and our neighbors trash can, full of garbage went flying across our yard, so I grabbed Loren and called the dogs and we spent a bit of cuddle time in the pantry. This in no way worried my brave little 4 year old, haha! Loren's concern, "Mommy, I really want something to eat, but I can't see to find the food!" Oh, my bad, let me use my cell so you can see child! So as we munched on Cheez-It's, I called my mother to see if anybody knew anything, since obviously the weathermen had no clue what was going on! The storm quickly passed and we, of course were safe and nothing was damaged, thank God! Afterward our power stayed out for quite a while so we ate lunch, did some coloring, read a book and took a long nap together. :)

When sissy got home she said the school's power went out a few times and they didn't have to do much work today. I asked if she was scared and she said, "At first I was, but then I just prayed to God to put a hedge of angels around us all and keep us safe from tornadoes and the storm, and then I wasn't scared anymore, it was actually kinda fun!" Seriously! I LOVE that child! And I love her complete faith in God!

Finally Homma and Poppy made it home and we grilled out some BBQ Cheeseburgers, YUM! WE made some homemade potato salad and baked beans and my mom made homemade southern banana pudding for dessert, vanilla wafers and all! The girls were very excited about dessert, but unfortunately they did not eat their dinner, so my mom said, in a silly voice, "If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding!" To which Miranda excitedly replied, "Hey! Teacher! Leave those kids alone!" haha! I know our family is different, but that is what I love most about it! I wouldn't want it any other way!!! :)

After we got ready for bed I read Miranda's entire Bible to the girls, upon their request and now I am exhausted! haha! They seemed to really enjoy all the stories though. I can't wait to give Miranda her new Bible for her birthday.

Now let's hope we all get a good night's sleep and that this crazy weather has gotten everything out of it's system!

0 comments:

Post a Comment