CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 18, 2011

Woodland Discovery Playground: Take 1!

Seems I'm really behind on posts! Oops! :)

Well, the girls and I recently visited the new Woodland Discovery Playground out at Shelby Farms. Opening night to be exact!

The girls and I had been counting down to opening day since last summer and were so excited they finally opened it to the public!

The first of four "nests" has a sand pit and water feature. Also, a very tall slide, which the girls seemed to love. They spent the majority of their time in this section of the park.

While fun for them, I am not a huge fan of sand, not unless we're on the beach, haha. I did not realize they had this area so the girls were definitely messy when we went out to dinner after...oh well. Same as when we go out to eat in Florida I suppose.
The second nest consists of slides and rock climbing walls. Which are basically slanted, which I truly appreciate. Loren is such a daredevil/tomboy/monkey that I just know she'd break her neck on a regular rock climbing wall.


Miranda fell in love with their crazy swings! They are in the third nest. Loren wanted so badly to try one out, but unfortunately they were very busy and she decided to get into the one below instead.


If you've been to the parks in Collierville, then you already know about these swings. Definitely better for younger children, but when we go back I want Loren to be able to try out the other "crazy" swings, lol. They also had a hammock like swing that was round. Pretty cool looking, but way too many people using it/waiting on it. So we will have to try it out some other time.


The final nest is just this amazingly huge net/spider web, as the girls called it. Loren spent a while on this. Miranda took short cuts and just liked playing monkey on them, lol. Loren went all the way across them and made it to the top of the tower.

Note: This section is for 5-12 year olds. It does get pretty high in spots, so be careful with your brave little ones who think they are superman.


After the nets, I told the girls I wanted to take their pics, and since they were in a hurry to get back to the sand nest, this is what I got...


Haha, goofy girls! After I told them we weren't leaving until I got a decent photo, they gave me this! Oh...the powers of persuasion! ;)


All in all, I must say it is a pretty cool playground. When all of the greenery grows in around the park and covers the arbors it's going to be so beautiful. Almost like a Secret Garden. I would have loved a place like this to go to when I was a child. I'm sure we'll pretty much be living here this summer! Especially if the weather is like it was on this day. Absolutely beautiful!

0 comments:

Post a Comment