CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 12, 2011

The BIG Splinter!

Friday night, two weeks ago, the girls and I went to see The Smurfs! Super cute movie, loved it!

And of course the girls were SO excited, and this meant they got to stay up late! lol

Unfortunately after we got home Loren was going up to bed and got a HUGE splinter in the heel of her foot. Poor baby!

There is new wood being put in up there and she walked right across part that was sticking out and it slid right into her foot, deep!

My parents and I spent an hour and a half trying to get that splinter out! NO LUCK!

Lots of tears and pain for her though :( Let me say she was one brave girl though!
Finally, Sunday, I had to take her to the doctor to have it removed. It turned red, was swollen and I was terrified it was infected!
It took me and a male nurse to hold her down while another nurse removed it from her foot.
Scene: Me sitting on a gurney, Loren sitting in between my legs, my legs wrapped around her little body and my arms holding her arms, the male nurse was holding the bottom of her legs/feet down. While the female nurse held her foot and a HUGE needle in her hand, Loren screamed at the top of her lungs!
The male nurse was happy to leave after her two injections of anesthetic. He said she was extremely strong and had busted his ear drums, lol!
He had to come hold her down again though when the nurse pulled out a scalpel to remove the splinter. She had to cut her foot open to get to it, it was that deep! They finally removed it and doctored her all up. That splinter was 3/4 in. long. Wow! She did have a little puss and so they put her on an antibiotic and a cream for the wound. We are just so glad it's all over!

The pics above are of her resting after her big, traumatizing ordeal, lol! Sweet girl!

0 comments:

Post a Comment