CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A Day FULL of Surprises!

First stop, Gibson's doughnuts! The girls wanted to know where we were going so bad! They got so excited when they saw that big doughnut sign in front of the building. If you have never tried their doughnuts it is a MUST. We will drive across town to get these amazing treats, and that we did! (And they are open 24/7!) Best I've ever had. And for all you Howard's fans, until you've tried Gibson's, I don't wanna hear it. ;)

I told them they could have two each. So Miranda got chocolate and caramel and Loren got cinnamon and caramel. (Mommy got chocolate and coconut.)
They ate slowly so, (Miranda, "I can enjoy every last bite!") Ha!
Then we headed to the Memphis Botanic Garden, where I was only planning on going to My Big Backyard, BUT...

I forgot we always have to check on Swan White first! My bad! Swan White is the swan that lives in the pond there. While there, Miranda decided we should walk all of the grounds of the garden. (Umm...momma went for cuteness over comfort so not really a good day for that, but whatever...off we went.)

Finally the girls got tired and were ready to head to the Big Backyard. Miranda said it was cool that we walked the entire garden, ha! She was disappointed when I told her that we didn't even walk but a third of it haha!

The girls decorated the scarecrows...

Miranda went more glam with hers.

Loren just did whatever she could grab. After this we grabbed some pink lemonade and Loren got an apple and Miranda got some cheese crackers. So glad they have a snack/lemonade stand.

The girls finally got to swing in the hammock swing! Every time we've gone it's been taken!
It was so beautiful outside. Wonderful day for the garden for sure!
They did have some construction going on in My Big Backyard, but that's because they are creating a Wizard's Garden which will officially open May 20th.
Afterward we had lunch with my mom at McAlister's.

Then we headed over to Godiva for our free monthly truffle.
I tried the new peach truffle, Miranda got the raspberry mousse bunny, and Loren got the coconut Easter egg.
I desperately needed a boost, so I stopped by Starbucks since it was right there and got me a double shot espresso. The girls saw they had cake pops now and wanted to try one, so I figured why not! Miranda got the Tiramisu, and Loren got Rocky road. YUM!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Finally we came home for a quick nap before their dad came to pick them up. Let me tell you, Miranda does not usually take naps, and Loren, so hard to give a nap!
LUCKILY they were so worn out they crashed, hard!
They both said this was the BEST day of spring break by far! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment