CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 12, 2011

First Day of Spring Break!

So...being that Miranda is always at school and I'm always with Loren, I decided we needed some alone time. So today, after cleaning house all morning I asked Homma and Poppy if they would take Loren with them to run their errands while Miranda and I had some much needed mommy/daughter time.

The girls knew we were meeting back up at their cousin Madalyn's house so they wanted to dress extra cool today! lol

Please excuse the poor picture quality...we were kinda in a hurry to get our day started. ;)


First stop for us, lunch at Chick-fil-a...Miranda's choice, and we even enjoyed an icedream cone! And because we both share a love for reading we went over to Barnes & Noble to look at all the books in the children's area and pick one out. Miranda chose Three Billy Goats Gruff, and we got Loren, My Little Pony Butterfly Hunt!

While we were busy with all this Loren ran errands with Homma and Poppy and also chose to go to Chick-fil-a for lunch! Go figure, these girls think too much alike! Then my mom text me that they were headed to my aunt Kim's house and that Loren would NOT stop saying that she wanted her sissy! Miranda had already said a few times, once immediately after Loren walked out the door, that she already missed sissy and wanted her to spend the day with us too! haha, I told her this was what she wanted and she said she knew, but couldn't help she missed her. So we left with our purchases to meet up with them.
(Let me say, a friend of mine tried this same thing with her twin girls, and had the same outcome, I wasn't sure it would be the same for us, but it definitely was! I am serious when I say that the bond between sisters is just so amazing! I love it!)

Miranda, reading her book on the way to meet back up with her partner in crime.
Afterward, we played at aunt Kim's for a while and then we headed out to the Tunica Outlet Mall to exchange some of the girls' clothes I had bought. If you have not been out there for those bargains you are seriously missing out!!!
The girls and I went to McAlister's for dinner and we finally found something Miranda will eat there, thank God! You have no idea!! The girls both decided this was a really great day, and the perfect beginning for spring break. (To which I said, "Let's make it a good night too!")
After bath and TWO bedtime stories, they are out, and now their momma is too thanks to daylight savings time! Hope you all are enjoying this beautiful weekend as well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment