CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Shots, Lollipops, & Starbucks...Loren's busy week.

Unfortunately I don't have any photos for this post.
Tuesday I took Loren to get her immunizations, she had to get three shots, poor baby. She was such a trooper, although she did make me go first, haha, she's no dummy! The first two were not so bad, but the third one...it was huge, and she whimpered and started crying. I had promised her a big lollipop, so I pulled over at Walgreens, seriously doubting they would have one, and what do you know. Big ole lollipops for only a dollar!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Her arms were so sore I made her do arm exercises so they wouldn't stiffen up and cause her more pain, she seemed fine otherwise. At 3 a.m. she was at the bottom of my stairs crying up to me and she told me she had a bad headache. Then she said she needed to throw up?! So I rushed her to the bathroom and she just dry heaved. I gave her some Tylenol and she passed out in my bed, at 8 a.m. she said her headache was back and she needed to throw up again. This time she did!! So I quickly start going over the papers that describe the possible symptoms of each shot. Turns out...the Hep A shot has headache as a side effect. Only 1 in 25 children have that as a side effect, of course!!! I felt better knowing it was only a mild symptom and nothing to worry about but I kept a very close eye on her yesterday and instead of running our errands we stayed in our pajamas ALL day and cuddled until her dad came to pick up her and Miranda.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The girls and I have two special places we frequent each month. One being Godiva, we are rewards members so we get a free truffle every month and we go in and each pick one out! LOVE it!
The other being Starbucks...so, today Loren and I made a special trip there and after we FINALLY decided on our cakes (she got banana chocolate-chip coffee cake, YUM and I got the iced lemon loaf cake!) I told the lady Loren liked the decaf White Mocha and placed my order. The lady giggled a little...I looked at her perplexed and nervously giggled and then asked, "why are you giggling?"
(Haha! I realize that I probably seemed crazy asking that, and maybe a bit rude, but at the time I really wanted to know what was so funny. I didn't mean it in a mean way, I just didn't know what was going on, lol!!)
She said she found it cute that Loren had "a drink" that she ordered. Haha, okay, now I get it...I guess that is a little different. I just assumed most kids these days know about Starbucks, I mean everyone I know drinks their coffee, lol. Usually though my girls just get a cup of iced water there, but about once a month I let Loren try a new drink. And the time before this she finally found one she likes. :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Miranda's spring break is next week. I need to get on it! I have so been looking forward to spending time with Miranda. I feel like I hardly see her since she is in 1st grade and they get out of school so late! I plan on taking a day with Miranda this weekend for just me and her!!! We need some time together.
I am off two days next week and want to plan something really special for us girls to do together. Nothing overwhelming, just fun, quality time. I miss the days when both my girls were home with me so I always cherish the days Miranda is out of school for breaks and whatnot! She has been counting down the days all week...time to start making plans!

0 comments:

Post a Comment